Sep 8, 2008

** Sports & Chennai **


     I was of the opinion that everything is available in a walkable distance in Valasaravakkam, Chennai - well, atleast till last week.  I came in for a rude shock when I went in search of a sports shop for buying a swim shorts.  Not just in Valasaravakkam, but in a huge radial, which includes some of the posh localities, I could not locate a single sports shop.   I was told that barring one street in Paris, Chennai and another one near Mount Road, there are hardly any sports shop in Chennai.   Surprised... aren't you ???

Well - it brings forth a few important aspects - 

a)  The facilities available for a sports person in Chennai (India?).
b)  The level of Chennites interest in sports. 
c)   If this is the state of affairs in a metro city, what about the rural areas?
and above all...
d)  I am gonna start swimming...  ;)

No comments: