Apr 22, 2009

** IPL - first day special **

Though a bit late to make this posting, I wanted to make this message a part of my blog. All the three greats of Indian Cricket, Sachin, Dravid and Kumble, left their stamp on the T20 format on the very first day of the IPL tournament and that was very satisfying for me. Sachin and Rahul Dravid received the "Man of the Match" awards respectively for the two matches that was held on that day. I was particularly happy for Rahul, for he was hugely criticized and was declared unfit for T20 style of game by our so called pundits. Even in the previous edition of IPL, I remember, Rahul Dravid played some wonderful knocks but they went unnoticied as his team lost very badly. Another wonderful performance on the first day was from Anil Kumble who registered a figure of 3.1-1-5-5. With Five wickets giving away just five runs, he now has the best figures by an Indian bowler in all the three formats of the game - Tests, One Day and T20. What can I say about Sachin?? He is the God of Cricket.

No comments: